Indexing and Stats
JIS published its first Volume in 2010. From 2010 to 2022, JIS published more than 250 papers covering different theoretical, technical, and methodological issues in Interactive Systems. JIS follows CrossRef patterns, providing a DOI number for each article and linking authors' identitities to their ORCID accounts. Our editorial and review board is compromised to give quality and timely response to authors.
DOAJ: the gold standard for open access publishing committed to ensuring quality content is freely available online for everyone. As soon as the DOI is depposited, the paper is indexed on DOAJ.
ResearchGate: a platform that shares scientific content and connects researchers from multiple fields. ResearchGate automatically indexes articles via CrossRef.
DBLP: the computer science bibliography database has included JIS among its indexed journals. Papers published after 2021 are already available at DBLP.
Since its first Volume, JIS has received a growing number of citations, presenting an increasing impact and visibility.
For December 2023: JIS estimated h5-index is 10.
The h5-index for 2023 is the h-index for articles published between 2018 and 2022. It is the largest number h such that h articles published in [2018-2022] have at least h citations each.
Below is the list of papers whose citations contributed to the final h5-index value:
- Mobile Interaction for Augmentative and Alternative Communication: a Systematic Mapping (2018): 19 citations.
- Chatbots Explain Themselves: Designers' Strategies for Conveying Chatbot Features to Users (2018): 14 citations.
- An Essay on Human Values in HCI (2018): 14 citations.
- A cybersickness review: causes, strategies, and classification methods (2021): 13 citations.
- Synesthesia: A Study on Immersive Features of Electronic Games (2018): 12 citations.
- Codesigning emancipatory systems: a study on mobile applications and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) issues (2018): 12 citations.
- Player Experience Evaluation: a Brief Panorama of Instruments and Research Opportunities (2020): 11 citations.
- Procedural Dungeon Generation: A Survey (2021): 10 citations.
- Universal Participatory Design: Achievements and Challenges (2019): 10 citations.
- Evaluation of a Protocol for fMRI Assessment Associated with Augmented Reality Rehabilitation of Stroke Subjects (2019): 10 citations.
JIS h5-index is being manually calculated as Google Scholars requires 100 or more papers published in the period to calculate the H5 index automatically.
In Brazil, scientific journals are classified according to the Qualis ranking system. In the classification methodology, journals have their level (from B4 to A1) defined according to their H5 indexes. To promote national science, journals published by the Brazilian Computing Society have received an increase of 2 levels in the classification. Therefore, with an H5 >= 10 in 2023, JIS h-index is equivalent to Qualis A4.