Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript is original, has not been published and is not currently under consideration by another journal or conference (duplicate submissions will be desk rejected).
- The manuscript explicitly indicate how the ethical issues of the research were addressed and managed, including the research approval by an ethics committee when applicable.
- If the manuscript is an extended version of a paper already published, at least 35% of new and original content is provided.
- If the manuscript is an extended version of a paper already published, the original paper is also included as an additional document in the submission.
- All authors of the manuscript have read and agreed to its content and are accountable for all aspects of the accuracy and integrity of the manuscript.
- Authors' contributions, following the CRediT taxonomy, are outlined in the Acknowledgment section.
- The authors agree with the terms of Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0), which will apply to this submission if accepted for publication in this journal.
- The manuscript file is in PDF file format.
- IMPORTANT: The Cover Letter is presenting all the necessary information for Editors and Reviewers.
Special Call Proposal
JIS now works with a single issue per volume. Therefore, Special Issues are approached as Special Calls for papers. Special Calls are an important mechanism for presenting a focused collection of significant work about challenging themes, hot or emerging topics, specific problems and opportunities relevant to HCI, Virtual Reality and Games communities.
See the Special Call Proposal guidelines.
Interactive Systems for the next 10 years
Read the call for papers
Submissions for this special call are open throughout 2021, and accepted papers will be published in JIS Vol 12 (2021) as soon as they have been accepted and their camera ready version have been aproved by the editors.
JIS is free of charges for both authors and readers, and all papers published by JIS follow the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.